The Dutch wrestler – Malakai Black – how he rose to fame
Coming from the Dutch community of Netherlands, Malakai Black has grown into a well-known wrestler worldwide. He started his career in wrestling in 2002 followed by a WWE debut in 2016. Also, known as ‘The Dutch Destroyer’, he’s certainly one of a kind.
Malakai Black | biography
Malakai is no less than a beast and was born on May 19, 1985. He was born in Amsterdam as Tom Budgen (real name) into a not-so-established family, running on the verge of poverty. Malaika considered wrestling when he was as young as 17, and got his title as Aleister Black in WWE. Not many people know this, but Malakai black is a trained Pencak Silat, a kickboxer, and has a good sports background.
Malakai Black | Physical appearance
Malakai Black is 6 feet tall and has a body weight of about 98 kg or 215 lb.
Malakai Black | Family
Malakai’s father believed in a religion that resembled a follower of cult culture. This background of his father is exactly what helped Malakai reach the wrestling ring. As of now, Malakai lives with his beautiful wife Zelina Vega, who’s also a WWE female star. Both of them built a house in the Tampa region of Florida.
Malakai Black | Early life
Malaika Black had an unconventional childhood and fewer hopes. His father was a cult believer and although it might seem disturbing, Malakai is happy for his childhood as it is what motivated him to become a WWE fighter in the end.
Malakai Black | Education
Despite many ups and downs in Malakai’s life, he completed his schooling and studied at Davenport High school.
Malakai black | Professional career
- 2002– started his wrestling career in an independent circuit (UK & Europe), with a ring name ‘Tommy end’, and continued working for 14 years. Received accolades such as wXw World Tag Team Champion, ICW Tag Team Champion, wXw Unified World Heavyweight Champion, wXw World Light Heavyweight Champion, Progress Tag Team Champion, etc while under the Independent circuit.
- 2016– joined WWE and signed for NXT. His debut match was against Andrade Cien Almas. Defeated Killian Dian to become the No. 1 contender in the NXT championship.
- 2021 till present– made a debut in All Elite Wrestling with the name of ‘Malaika Black’.
Malakai Black | Relationship status
Malakai Black is married to Thea Megan Trinidad Budgen.
Malakai Black | Married life
Malakai Black and Thea Megan (Zelina Veg) tied the knot on the 23rd of November in 2018. Zelina (Thea’s ring name) is also, like her husband, a WWE legend and a Legado Del Fantasma member.
Malakai Black | Awards and achievements
- Adriatic Special Combat Academy – Super 8 Cup II (2013)
- Championship or the NWA European Tag Team Championship, alongside Michael Dante again
- Heavyweight Championship (PWS)
- NEXT Year-End Award for over 3 times
Malakai Black | Social media
Malakai Black has a huge fan following, both on Instagram and Twitter. While he follows 2531 people on Instagram, he’s followed by 843k fans globally. On Twitter, he is followed by 274.4K Followers and follows 669 Twitter accounts.
Malakai Black | Net worth
Malakai Black is estimated to earn around $100k per year and has a net worth of about $1 million.
Malakai Black has an inspiring story behind him. Malakai is a great example that working for yourself pays off. He grew up as an unprivileged child but worked hard to build his dream career, and today he’s the greatest NXT champion.
Also, Read More About- Lebron James | Kristin Austin | Seven Sirius Benjamin