Macs are great machines that can make your life simple. If you can unlock Pandora’s box of Mac features, you will become much more productive at everything you do. It doesn’t matter if you are using an iMac, MacBook Pro or a MacBook Air, these incredible hacks will make your work easier and save precious time. Let’s get started.
Convert Websites Into Apps
So, if you visit websites daily that lack native Mac application equivalents, you can convert those websites into applications. If you want to know how to add websites to desktop Mac and use it as an application, you need to learn how Automator works.
Automator is Mac’s default utility, and it can help you convert the websites you frequent into applications, so they’re easily accessible. Here’s what you have to do.
- Open Applications folder > launch Automator.
- Click on the New Document option > hit Workflow.
- Choose Internet in the left pane and add the website’s URL you wish to turn into an application by clicking the Add button under Get Specified URLs.
- Personalize the settings for your new application under the Website Popup option.
- Once you are ready, hit Run.
Become A Screenshot Pro
Screenshots can come in handy, especially if you are working remotely. Knowing the following Mac screenshot shortcuts allows you to capture your screen without much fuss and enhance collaboration with your remote team.
- Capture the exact screen you want by getting a crosshair after pressing Command + Shift + 4. With this key combination, you can select the specific part of the screen you wish to screenshot and then share it with your friends, family or colleagues.
- Suppose you want to take a screenshot of the entire screen, press Command + Shift + 3. You can even get a separate file for each connected display.
- Suppose you want to screenshot any window, press Command + Shift + 4. Release the keys and hit Spacebar. Then, you have to click on the window you wish to capture.
Sign PDF Files In The Mail Application
Digital workspaces demand employees sign PDF documents digitally. Thanks to Macs, you don’t need to print, sign and scan PDFs. You can capture your signature using a camera, mouse or trackpad.
Launch the Preview app on your system. If the Markup toolbar does not appear, click on the Show Markup Toolbar option. Click the Sign button and create and save your signature using a camera or trackpad.
You can add your signature to the PDF document by selecting the signature you wish to use and then dragging it to where you want to insert it. Then, adjust the size using edges and handles.
Transform Boring Text Messages By Using Emojis
When text messaging your loved ones using your Mac, you can use emojis to spice up regular messaging. Your messages will become much more appealing and exciting with emojis. You can add emojis by positioning your cursor at the place in the text field where you want to add an emoji.
Then press Command + Control + Space, and the emoji keyboard will appear. Then, scroll through the emojis and choose the one you wish to add to your text.
Do More With Spotlight
Spotlight is an in-built Mac feature that enables users to perform several tasks. Launch Spotlight by pressing Command + Spacebar, and you can find anything by typing in the necessary keywords. If you wish to get the most out of Spotlight, you can do the following:
- Perform simple mathematical calculations like multiplication, addition, division, etc.
- Convert measurements including Celsius to Fahrenheit, inches to centimeters, ounce to pounds, etc.
- Find contacts directly without going through the contact book. Enter the person’s name you wish to get in touch with.
Utilize Split View To Split Screen And Enhance Productivity
You can have a great time using a Mac if you know the shortcuts and learn about its hidden features. For instance, you can augment your productivity using Mac’s Split View feature. Thanks to Split Screen View, you can use two screens simultaneously on your desktop. You can work on two apps simultaneously.
You can enter a split-screen view by hovering the cursor over the green button on the top left corner of one of the applications you wish to add. You will see a window appearing with three different options.
The first will let you enter the full-screen mode where the window will cover the entire screen. The second and third options will let you choose whether you want the window to appear on the left or right.
The Bottom Line
These amazing Mac hacks will change your life for the better and enhance your productivity. So, learn and implement these to get the most out of your system.